Monday, April 20, 2009

About Me


Hi Mamma's! So if your interested, here's a little about me : )
I'm a 32 year young mom to a 11 year old boy & a 3 year old daughter. In other words a Tween & a Toddler, aka terrible "T's"! I'm happily engaged to the love of my life as a "stay at home mom".
I had my first child when I was only 21 years old & became very depressed after giving birth. After years of therapy medication etc, I came to the conclusion that if I had only had more "mom to mom" support I probably wouldn't have felt so alone and so scared as a new mommy.
When my son turned 8 we decided to become pregnant again. I made it a priority to connect myself to mothers that were willing to share not just the joy's of motherhood but also the stress & loneliness it can bring. I found some GREAT moms that I was able to have long term friendships with.
It is so easy to forget what we as mothers need in life! I can't speak for all mamma's out there, but for me reaching out to moms no matter age, experience, background etc, made a HUGE impact in the way that I now parent my children and also the way I take time to love myself the way I deserve!
Children do not come with instruction manuals and we do not have all the answers, but together we can learn from each other just by being open, honest & caring towards our fellow moms!
I treasure my Mommy Friends & would be lost without them!

4 comments: