Friday, April 24, 2009

Ok, let's talk food...

So I am playing on the computer and Maiah wakes up, finds a bag of Cheetos and proceeds to eat them for breakfast. What did I do? Not a thing!

How funny it is to reminisce about the days when I was pregnant and swore I would feed my kid nothing but organic and healthy foods. Nothing but veggies and lean meats and smart snacks.

All that went out the window when the kid was refusing to eat every single food item I placed in front of her! I even got a book on how to hide healthy veggies in kid friendly foods. The problem is that she won't even eat that!

So I've been reduced to giving her condiments. I am not joking. She eats Ketchup for dinner a good 2 nights a week. When I make a salad, she demands a salad of her own. She sucks the lettuce dry of the ranch dressing then spits them out. She spits everything out! Disgusting! And I was only worried about poopy diapers and vomit, now spitting out chewed up food???

Once she actually ate pickle juice and ketchup for lunch at Denny's.

I have been reduced to giving her a scoop of carnation instant breakfast in her milk all day long!

So the list of what she will actually eat: Hot dogs, string cheese, macaroni and cheese, Ketchup, ranch, cheetos, pirate booty, chips, COOKIES, chocolate, ice cream, candy, and pretzels.

C'mon ladies, dish about what you put on your kids dish!

5 comments:

  1. Lol!!!! When Zoe was born I hand made all her baby food from scratch............so now her diet consists of Mac & Cheese, Turkey Dogs, Bread, Cheese, Tator Tots, ketchup, hamburger helper, french fries (hand made ladies, hand made!!) I do have to say that she LOVES Ednami Beans!! She'll eat a whole pack just to herself so I am atleast thankful for one green thing in her diet other than boogers! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i feel ya on the ranch and ketchup ordeal... bella thinks her flangies are finger foods.. yuck.... have you tried reverse phsycology yet.. i got bella to eat artichokes like popcorn because i told her it was just for big girls and she cant have none...and she likes qcumbers with a little seasoning salt and lemon.. and lots of fruit pretty much if im eating it she wants a bite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you Ceci!

    Maiah likes to just use my fork to stab stuff on my plate and IF she takes a bite she spits it back on my plate, or on the sofa, or on the floor, yuck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok here I am, the voice of regimented strictness! I went through the exact same with the twinnies and I do feel for you. For me, being the big bad wolf didnt bother me and I basically gave them 3 meals a day, refused to allow snacks unless the meals were being eaten and if they played around I declared meal time over and that was that! I stuck to foods I KNEW they liked so they couldnt use that as an excuse. Probably sounds cruel when reading this and it was difficult to implement but hey, it's given me 2 very good eaters nowaday's! BTW, probably took about a week of tantrums for the clouds to clear :) Good Luck and remember the 4 famous words "it's just a phase!" x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think what it boils down to is the fact that I give into the whining, crying & tantrums. Not just that but I get so worried when she doesn't eat, but......I know for sure no kid will starve! They'll eat what given at the end of the day....or week LOL!!

    ReplyDelete